SELF-CARE SUNDAY 7.5.2023
Dear Self-Care Sunday Art Journal Workshop Participants,
Thank you so much for joining us in this wonderful and creative journey during our Self-Care Sunday Art Journal Workshop. Your presence, enthusiasm, and willingness to explore the world of art journaling have made this experience truly special.
We hope that you have found this workshop to be a valuable and nurturing experience, and that the techniques and prompts shared will continue to inspire you in your self-care practice. It's been a pleasure to witness your unique expressions and the growth in your artistic abilities.
As you continue to nurture your creative spirit, may your art journaling practice bring you moments of self-discovery, healing, and joy.
I am truly grateful for the opportunity to guide you on this creative journey, and I would be delighted to continue sharing ideas, tips, and inspiration with you all. To stay connected and receive more art journaling insights, I invite you to follow me on the following platforms:
Additionally, I regularly share helpful tips, tricks, and exclusive content through my newsletter. Please make sure to subscribe to stay up-to-date on the latest art journaling techniques, prompts, inspiration and much more. Newsletter subscription you will find on the bottom of homepage :)
I look forward to staying in touch and continuing to support your creative journey. Together, let's explore the wonderful world of art journaling and celebrate the power of self-expression.
Wishing you all the best on your journey of self-care and artistic exploration.
With heartfelt gratitude,
Here are 20 simple art journaling prompts that you can do with just a pen:
- Doodle your day: Sketch a quick visual summary of the most memorable moments from your day.
- Gratitude list: Write down three things you're grateful for today and create a small doodle for each.
- Emotion wheel: Draw a circle divided into sections and assign a different emotion to each. Fill the sections with doodles that represent those emotions.
- Pattern play: Fill a page with various patterns or shapes, creating a unique and visually interesting composition.
- Mindful mandala: Start at the center and draw a simple mandala, focusing on each line and shape as a form of meditation.
- Word art: Choose a word that resonates with you and create a visually appealing design by playing with the letter shapes, sizes, and styles.
- Dream destination: Sketch a simple scene or landmark from a place you'd love to visit, real or imaginary.
- Self-reflection: Write down a personal strength or quality you're proud of, and draw a symbol or object that represents it.
- Inspirational quote: Write an uplifting quote and decorate the page with relevant doodles or illustrations.
- Object study: Pick an everyday object and sketch it from different angles or perspectives, focusing on the lines, shapes, and details.
- Affirmation art: Write a positive affirmation and create a border of doodles around it to reinforce the message.
- Nature's beauty: Sketch a simple plant or animal that you find inspiring or calming.
- Musical inspiration: Listen to a song you love and doodle the shapes, lines, or patterns that the music evokes in your mind.
- Silhouette scene: Draw the silhouette of a city skyline, landscape, or object, and fill it with tiny doodles or patterns.
- Memory lane: Sketch a simple representation of a cherished memory or a moment that made you smile.
- Face the feelings: Draw a series of simple faces expressing different emotions you've experienced recently.
- Abstract emotions: Create an abstract doodle that represents a specific emotion or feeling, using lines, shapes, and patterns.
- Goal visualization: Write down a goal or dream, and draw a simple image representing the steps or actions needed to achieve it.
- Book inspiration: Choose a favorite book or story and create a small illustration or doodle that captures its essence.
- Mindful breathing: As you focus on your breath, draw a continuous line that represents the rhythm and flow of your breathing, letting the pen guide your hand.
These 20 prompts provide a diverse range of ideas for engaging in simple, pen-only art journaling, encouraging creativity and self-expression with minimal materials. However, you don't have to limit yourself to just a pen. Feel free to explore and experiment with other mediums and materials as you delve into the world of art journaling.
You can incorporate various materials such as watercolors, acrylics, pastels, collage elements, washi tape, or even fabric to enhance your creative expression. The beauty of art journaling lies in its flexibility and adaptability, allowing you to work as freely as you wish. Don't hesitate to mix and match materials, layer textures, or even combine different techniques to create a unique and personal visual journal.
Remember, art journaling is a journey of self-discovery and growth, so embrace the process and allow yourself the freedom to explore and experiment. There are no rules or limitations; simply enjoy the creative process and let your artistic instincts guide you.